Sunday, May 9, 2010

A mother's wish for her daughter on Mother's Day




A wish for my daughter on Mother's Day

I wish for you to look at me and see I am strong and proud and there for you.
I want you to see my human qualities and that we are all just learning as we go.
Please take the qualities I am trying to pass onto you and use them to the best of your abilities
But, please, don't try to be me. You are you and that is amazing.

You are stubborn, and strong willed, and kind, and smart - funny and clever. You are all the best of me and so much more. Please learn to be you. I am here to help along the way but do not let me hold you back.

I wish for you to be a mother some day if that is what you want. But I wish most on this Mother's Day that you learn to be you and appreciate all that is.

I love you -you make me a mom, you make me better, you make me proud

3 comments:

  1. Nice post and good advice.
    My wish for my daughter and granddaughter is, 'To Be HAPPY'. There are so many things that happen to us in life to make us unhappy, but these things are usually short lived. If they aren't, find a solution and get on with being happy again. I know Addie is starting a time in her life where there will be a lot of unhappy times for her ahead. This is part of growing and that is something we never stop doing but in that growing process, we must also be happy. You have been unhappy for a long time but I feel you are dealing with it and are finding a solution so you can be happy again. That is my wish for ALL my children and grandchildren. 'BE HAPPY'.
    PS. I am happy when my children and grandchildren are around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love love love this post! I'll be sure and share it with my girl when she arrives. Mwaah to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely post and a lovely wish for a daughter on mother's day...

    we've been awfully absent, but have much to share in the very near future!!

    ReplyDelete